Upcoming Glazier Recruitment
District Council 9 Finishing Trades Institute of New York will conduct a recruitment beginning May 6, 2022 for Glazier apprentices for our New York City training program covering the Hudson Valley, Long Island, and New York City regions.
Applications can be obtained, in person only, from Finishing Trades Institute of New York, 45-15 36th Street, Long Island City, NY, from 8:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, during the recruitment period. This is a limited-application recruitment. 500 applications will be distributed, on a first-come, first-serve basis. The recruitment will be offered for 10 business days OR until 500 applications have been issued, whichever comes first.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Must have a high school diploma or a high school equivalency diploma (such as TASC or GED). Proof will be required after selection and prior to enrollment in apprenticeship.
- Must be physically able to perform the work required, as determined by a site evaluation and personal statement. More information will be provided during a mandatory 3-day orientation.
- Must sign an affidavit stating that they are physically able to perform the work of a glazier, which may include:
- Lifting and carrying material and equipment up to 70 pounds.
- Working from ladders, scaffolds, lifts, and suspended scaffolds
- Must be able to read, hear, and understand instructions and warnings in English.
- Must take a mandatory drug testing after selection and prior to enrollment and random throughout apprenticeship.
We encourage all candidates interested in working in the Finishing Trades to come down and fill out an application. For further information, applicants should contact Finishing Trades Institute of New York at (718) 937-7440.